Vacation remaining is not calculating
Section I: Verify vacation hours are entered in the correct field
- Select Tasks, Payroll Entry, and then select the employee.
- Enter hours in VAC_Taken field under Taxes – Benefits – Liabilities.
- Verify VAC_REM updates.
Section II: Verify vacation formulas
- Select Maintain, Employees/Sales Reps, and then select the employee that is not calculating correctly.
- Click Vacation/Sick Time tab, and then verify Vacation Settings.
- If the employee has the option: This employee uses the company defaults settings for vacation selected, click Current Formulas link, and then verify Total Hours is using VAC_ADD formula and the Remaining is using VAC_REM.
- If the employee is not using company default settings for vacation, click Current Formulas link, and then verify VAC_ACCRUE EMP DEF is selected for Total Hours and VAC_REM is selected for Remaining.
- Create a paycheck and confirm vacation remaining is now showing the correct values.
Section III: Leave Check Number field blank
- Do not manually enter a check number in the Check Number field.
- If you need to enter a check number from the Check Number field, enter it last, after you make any adjustments to the other payroll fields.
Section IV: Employee Beginning Balances
- Select Maintain, Employees/Sales Reps, and then select the appropriate employee.
- Click Employee Beginning Balances button
- Select VAC_Rem, enter 0.00, click Save, and then click Close.
- Verify vacation remaining is calculating.
Section V: Damaged custom form
- Verify issue does not occur on a standard form.
- If a standard form shows the correct vacation remaining either use the standard form or create new custom form.
Section VI: Data synchronization error
If all of the above are correct the problem may be due to a synchronization error. Access Integrity Check
- Jrnl Header
- Jrnl Rows
- Employee Earning Summary
- Employee Earning Summary – Fields
- Employee Earning Summary – Wage
- Employee Payroll Fields
Run the Employee/Journal synchronization test
If calculations are still incorrect, run Data Verification
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Support Phone Number