User name and/or password not working
- Verify you are trying to log into the correct company.
- Usernames and passwords are case sensitive.
Make sure you type the user ID and password exactly as they were set up; for example, Password, PASSWORD, and password are not interchangeable.
- If you’re not sure what your username is, browse to your company’s directory and search for *.cac and *.cax; any files found are user names–the file name is the user name: for example, BOB.cax is a user name of BOB.
- If the user was set up in a prior release of Sage 50 and the user name is longer than 16 characters, or the password longer than 9 characters, enter as much of each as will fit and click OK.
- Open Microsoft Word or Notepad and type your password in there to verify all key strokes are registering properly. Then try copying and pasting the verified password into the password field.
- The administrator user in each company can reset passwords; if the administrator can log in, follow the instructions in Section I; if the administrator cannot log in, follow the instructions in Section II.
Section I: Reset the user’s password
- If an Admin user is able to log in, please see Answer ID 12413 for instructions on how to reset a user’s password.
- Verify that the user can now log in.
Section II: Opening the wrong company
- After opening the program select the Browse button to locate all the companies.
- Select the correct company.
- Verify that you can now log in to the company.
Section III: User is not licensed
- Log in to the company as a user with Administrator rights
- Click Maintain, select Users, and click Set Up Security
- Check the License box next to the User’s name
- Click OK
- Log in to the company as a user with Administrator rights on the user’s computer.
- Verify the user is still showing as licensed
- Verify the user can log on with their user name
Section IV: Unable to reset the user’s password or Administrator unable to log in
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, or the Admin user cannot log in, contact Sage Customer Service
Section V: Restore backup made before conversion
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Support Phone Number