Microsoft Windows 8 compatibility
Note: Windows RT will not run any release of Sage 50. If you are using Windows RT you may want to try Sage One.
- Sage 50 2014 (and newer) is fully compatible and supported with Windows 8.
- Sage 50 2013 and Sage Peachtree Releases 2011 – 2012 are not supported in a Windows 8 environment; however, the program will function with known issues with Windows 8. Below is a list of known problems with Sage 50 and Windows 8. If you install Sage 50 in an unsupported environment such as Windows 8, Sage will not be able to insure proper functioning of the Sage 50 program.
- List of Known Issues with Windows 8 and Sage 50 2011-2013:
- Automatic Backup Scheduler does not work.
- Sage 50 E-mail Writer does not work in some instances,
- WebSync Wizard will not run, can be bypassed by running Sage 50 in compatibility mode for Windows 7.
- Payroll Tax Forms will not run, can be bypassed by running Sage 50 in compatibility mode for Windows 7.
- Sage 50 Payroll Tax form updater does not work in some instances.
- In Maintenance screens, the auto complete ID feature does not work. You can work around this by using the ID drop down menu and selecting an ID, after an ID is selected auto complete will work.
- Issues with touch screen devices, can be bypassed by disabling touch input while using Sage 50.
Source: Sage Community forums.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Technical Support Number