How to troubleshoot “Sage 50 cannot be started…” error message
Sage 50 is one of the most feature-rich and powerful accounting software that can help busy professionals keep a tab on their business finances even on the go. The software is extremely versatile and can fit into every type of business accounting needs. It is packed with all the advanced accounting capabilities and tools to meet the ever growing needs of your business.
But sometimes, issues and errors with your Sage Accounting software can leave you confused and frustrated, especially if you are new to accounting software. One such error message is “Sage 50 cannot be started…”. The error message can appear in various different forms, including:
- Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started. Please reboot your computer or click Help for more information”
- Error: “Sage 50 Accounting could not be started. Please try again. If you continue to have problems, call Sage Customer Support Number.”
- Sage 50 cannot start
- Unable to open program
- Sage 50 accounting could not be started
Though there are many factors that can lead to this error message, some of the most common reasons are:
- Running program in compatibility mode
- Incorrect data path
- Damaged or missing files in the data path
- Damaged shortcut
- Damaged Windows User profile
- Damaged program files
Ways to fix the error message
Here’s how you can manually fix the error message and solve the problem:
Option 1: Uncheck the compatibility settings
- Right click the Sage 50 shortcut and go to Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Now click Change settings for all users
- Make sure the option ‘Run this program in compatibility mode’ is not checked.
- Click OK to return to Sage 50 shortcut Properties window.
- Again click OK to complete the process.
Option 2: Check data path permissions
You can resolve this error by disabling the User Account Control (UAC). For this,
- Press Windows key + R.
- Type ‘useraccountcontrolsettings’.
- Click OK.
- Now move the slider bar to Never notify.
- Click OK.
- Click yes when prompted and then restart the computer.
Option 3: Restart pervasive
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Now type ‘services.msc’.
- Press OK.
- Right click on the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine and select Restart.
- Now double click on the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine and select the Recovery tab.
- Select Restart the Service in the First failure and Second failure drop down boxes.
- Set the Reset Fail Count to reset after 1 day.
- Click OK to complete the process.
- Now check if Sage 50 opens without error.
Option 4: Run the program as Administrator
- Right click on the Sage 50 icon and select
- Click on the Compatibility
- Select Run as administrator.
This should solve the issue. However, if you are still not able to fix the issue, call us on our toll free Sage Tech Support number +1888-489-0694. Our expert technicians can fix the error message in no time to help you get going. They will also optimize your software and fix all other issues related to Sage 50 for best performance. For expert help and support, call now!