How to troubleshoot “Account out of balance” error on Sage 50 ?
When businesses grow, accounting becomes complex and difficult. Professional accounting software like Sage 50 automates the accounting process and makes things simple and less time consuming even for a novice user. However, at times, running financial reports on Sage 50 results in errors. One such error is ‘Account out of balance’. This error occurs if there’s a discrepancy in your accounts balance and needs manual intervention.
So, if you are facing “Account out of balance” error while working on your Sage 50 accounting software and need help, here are some simple steps that you can carry out to troubleshoot the issue manually.
- Go to the File Maintenance Problems Report window and click the Warning tab.
- Check the error message that appears on screen and make a note of the amounts:
- Sales Aged Balance disagrees with Debtors Control by (amount)
- Purchase Aged Balance disagrees with Creditors Control by (amount)
- Now close the File maintenance window.
- Next go to Help and click About.
- From the Data Information section, note the number of splits.
- Now click on File and then click on Maintenance and Check data.
- Click Recovery tools and then follow the on-screen instructions to back up your data.
- Click Reindex and Compress All and hit OK.
- Click Recalculate Transaction History and press OK and Close.
- Click Yes when prompted to check the data again.
If the error still persists, you would have to restore to a backup that was taken before the error occurred. For this,
- Go to the File menu and select Backup and follow on screen instructions to create data backup.
- Now again open the File menu and select Restore.
- Click Browse to locate and select the backup file you want to restore.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to restore the file and click OK to complete the process.
- Click Yes when prompted to overwrite your current data.
If a backup file does not exist, you need to get in touch with expert technicians at Sage Technical Support Number by dialing 1-888-489-0694 for quick resolution to the problem. Experts at Sage Tech Support Phone Number can help you easily fix ‘Account out of balance’ error to streamline the performance of your Sage 50 accounting software.