How To Successfully Transfer Sage 50 Data From One Computer To Another ?
Every once in a while, you might have to change your computer – better configuration, more memory, newer version – the reasons could be many. But the issue arises when you have to move your hefty accounting data files from one computer to another. But with Sage 50, data transfer becomes easy and can be accomplished in few easy steps. In fact, you do not even need the installation disk to install Sage 50 on your new computer and need only the same activation number (User License) as the one used on the old PC.
So, let’s take a look at how to transfer Sage 50 data from one computer to another.
Transferring your Data File
- In Sage 50, go to File and click on Properties.
- Note the Location and Company File name.
- Copy the .saj folder and file to an external media device.
- Now copy and paste the .saj folder and .sai file on the new computer.
- Next, open Sage 50 to the welcome screen.
- Choose ‘Select an existing company’ and open your company file.
- Create a backup and save it on an external media device.
- Connect it to your new computer and click Next.
- Browse to the directory where the backup file is saved.
- Select Open.
- Enter the name of the new file and click Save.
- Select Next and then select Finish to complete the process.
By following these steps, you can easily transfer your Sage 50 data to your new computer without any issues. However, if you need help or are still facing problems with data transfer, call us on our Sage tech support number 1888-489-0694. Our certified technicians are expert in handling all kinds of Sage related issues and can help you easily transfer all your data files and folders for a hassle-free computing experience.