How to map a network drive ?
- How to map a network drive to the shared data folder.
- How to map drive.
- How do I map a drive using the Windows 8 operating system?
- How do I map a drive using the Windows 10 operating system?
|Operating System Warning|
|This solution requires advanced knowledge of your computer’s operating system. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying your Windows Registry incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows Registry. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.|
|Sage Customer Support does not provide assistance for issues related to third party products or enhancements, hardware, report customizations, state or federal tax-related questions, or specific accounting questions. Please contact your Sage business partner, network administrator, or accountant for assistance. Please review this document for additional information on the scope of Sage Customer Support Services.|
Note: Sage 50 uses Name Resolution, there for mapping by Server IP Address is not recommended nor supported.
Section I: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- On the keyboard, press Windows+R keys
- Enter \\server name (replacing server name with your server’s computer name), and then click OK
- If prompted for a password,
- Right-click Peachtree folder (shared folder), and then click Map network drive
- Select a Drive letter, make sure Reconnect at login is selected, and then click Finish
Note: If the server’s data path was not shared correctly, you may encounter errors about Invalid Company Data location.
Section II: Windows 8
- From the Desktop double-click Computer icon
- Click Map Network Drive button from the standard toolbar, and then select Map Network Drive
- Select desired drive letter from Drive drop box
- Click Browse button next to the Folder field, and then select shared network folder; otherwise if you know the folder or drive you can type it directly into the Folder text box
- Select Reconnect at sign in
- If prompted enter the login credentials to access the folder
- Click Finish
Section III: Windows 10
- Press Windows+E keys, and then select This PC
- Click Map Network Drive along the top menu
- Select desired drive letter, and then click Browse
- Select the computer to map to along with the shared folder, and then click OK
- Click Finish
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Tech Support Phone Number