How to fix Sage “Error with SDO setup” ?
Facing “Error with SDO setup” while working on your Sage 50 accounting software? Occasionally, Sage 50 users may come across this error message when trying to open Recurring Items in the bank module. The error message appears when the relevant sdoeng*.dll file has not been registered correctly and can appear in any one of the following ways:
- “Failed to initialize the recurring entry components”
- “Unable to create recurring entries processor”
- “Error with SDO setup”
Though all these error messages look different, they necessarily mean the same and can be fixed by following the simple steps mentioned below. But before we move forward it is important to know what Sage SDO is and why is it important.
What is Sage SDO?
SDO or Sage Data Objects are tools that help third party software to connect with your Sage data. The SDO gets automatically installed when you install your Sage 50 accounting software but needs a special serial number and activation key to activate it.
Issues with Sage SDO
There could be numerous issues that can arise while using Sage SDO. These include:
- Error while activating third party software
- SDO not registered
- Connection failed Invalid data path
- Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date
- Error with SDO setup
How to fix Error with SDO setup
To resolve the error, you must manually register the file. For this,
- Press Windows key + R.
- In the box that opens up, enter ‘regsvr32 sg50sdoengine190.dll’ and press OK.
Note: You need to change regsvr32 sg50sdoengine190.dll according to the version of the Sage software that you are using. For example, if you are using
|Sage account version||File name|
Windows XP users can simply use the Repair tool to fix the issue. For this,
- Insert your Sage 50 accounts CD.
- When prompted, select Repair and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Following these steps should help you solve the problem. However, if the error still persists, you need expert help. Get in touch with our expert technicians by dialing our Sage tech support number 1888-489-0694 and we can help you fix the issue in minimum possible time. Call now for the best tech support experience.