How to fix Sage error “Username is in use – The program cannot connect you at this time”
Hi Are You Unable to login to your Sage Accounting software? Are you encountering a strange and recurring error message that says “Username is in use – The program cannot connect you at this time”. Well this is a very common and annoying error message that usually occurs if your computer crashes down or restarts after a Windows update while Sage Accounts was opened or if you are already logged into your Sage Accounts from another computer.
When you receive this error message, the only option that you get on your screen is to press OK, which really doesn’t solve the problem. However, if you are one of those facing this error message repeatedly and don’t know your way out, here is all the help you need. Follow the below mentioned solution steps and you can easily fix the error on your own.
Steps to fix Sage error “Username is in use – The program cannot connect you at this time”
If you are already logged in to your Sage Accounts from another computer, you must log out before continuing with the steps mentioned below.
- If you are able to open Sage Accounts:
- Open Sage Accounts.
- In the Select Company window, select the company name and click Open Folder Location.
- Now double click on the ‘ACCDATA’folder and locate and delete the DTA file.
- If you are not able to open Sage Accounts:
- Navigate to the following location:
Sage Accounts v23 – C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2017
- Now right click on the Company file and click Open
- Click Notepad and then click OK.
- Note down the data path of your company file.
- Now browse to the path and double click on the ‘ACCDATA’ folder.
- Locate and delete the DTAfile.
- Try logging in to your Sage Account. You should be all fixed.
If you are still unable to resolve the error or need help while performing the above mentioned steps, give us a call. Dial our Sage Technical Support Phone Number +1888-489-0694 to get in touch with a Sage expert who can help you easily resolve the error message and ensure the smooth functioning of your Sage Accounting software.