How to fix Sage 50 installation issues on Windows XP ?
Are you unable to install the latest version of Sage 50 accounting software on your Windows XP computer? Is your computer displaying error messages like “Not a valid Win32 application” when you are trying to install Sage 50 and you are still wondering the reason behind it? Well, this is because Windows XP no longer supports the installation of Visual C++ 2012 or .NET Framework 4.5.2, both of which are required while installing the latest versions of Sage 50 accounting software as Sage 50 is based on Microsoft .NET Framework technology.
How to fix the issue
The best way to resolve the issue is to upgrade your operating system to a newer version of Windows, since.NET Framework 4.5 is not available for Windows XP. Here’s how you can upgrade your Windows XP computer to Windows 7:
Migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7
Windows 7 isn’t the latest, but it is still the most widely used version of Windows. But, you’ll not be able to automatically upgrade your Windows XP computer to Windows 7. This means that you would need to uninstall Windows XP before installing Windows 7. Follow the below mentioned steps to upgrade your computer to Windows 7.
- Before you uninstall Windows XP from your computer, transfer all your files and settings to a portable hard drive. You can use Windows Easy Transfer tool to copy all your files, folders, and setting to an external hard drive.
- Now download and run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. It will scan your hardware and software for any compatibility issues and will suggest a solution accordingly.
- Once you are sure that your system will meet the new operating system’s requirements and you have safely backed up all your data, it’s time to install the new OS.
- If you have your Windows 7 product key, you need to download the Windows 7 ISO. It will help you create your own installation media using a flash drive or a DVD.
- Once your installation media is ready, insert it into your system and tell your computer to boot from this media.
- Restart your computer and enter the BIOS. Though the key you press to enter the BIOS varies from one system to another, it is usually a Delete or a Function key. Tap the key until you have entered the BIOS.
- Change the boot device priority and keep your installation media on top.
- Windows 7 installation will now begin. This may take some time.
- You’ll be asked to set your language, name, keyboard settings and more.
- Once Windows 7 installation is complete, your computer will restart automatically with the new Windows 7 OS.
- Now launch the Easy Transfer tool and follow the instructions to reinstate your personal data and programs to Windows 7.
That’s it! You have successfully upgraded your Windows XP computer to Windows 7. You can now successfully install Sage 50 software on your computer.
Since upgrading your computer’s operating system might require advance knowledge, especially if you are a novice, it is best to perform these steps under expert guidance. If you need help while migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7, call us on our toll free Sage Technical Support Number 1-844-871-6289. Expert technicians at Sage Accounting Solution can help you easily migrate all your data to Windows 7 and then install Sage 50 on your computer.
More info at :- https://www.sageaccountingsolution.com/