How to fix Sage 50 Error: “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Sage 50 Accounting. Please contact your system administrator”
Can’t uninstall your Sage 50 Accounting software and reinstall it? Are you facing an error messages that says “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Sage 50 Accounting. Please contact your system administrator”. Sometimes, your Sage 50 Accounting software stops performing the way you want, and uninstalling and reinstalling the software application is the only way left to ascertain its smooth functioning. But error messages like this make things difficult.
“You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Sage 50 Accounting. Please contact your system administrator” error message is a known issue related to Sage Accounting products where a simple uninstall does not help. The issue occurs either because you are unable to delete Sage 50 installation key from the registry or because there are certain Sage 50 files and folders that are being shared by other software.
In this article, we will outline some ways that you can follow to resolve the problem. However, the resolution steps for this error message are complex and you may need expert technical assistance to fix the issue. In case you are not able to fix the issue manually or if you are experiencing too many issues while uninstalling Sage 50 from your computer, give us a call at 1888-489-0694 Sage Technical Support Phone Number. Our tech specialists can help you quickly resolve the error message to ensure minimum downtime and smooth running of your business.
Let’s see how to fix the error message:
#1: Uninstall Sage 50 by deleting the installation key from registry
Before proceeding with this step, it is important to take a backup of all your system files. Modifying your registry incorrectly can severely hamper your system’s operations and may cause irreparable damage, so it is best to backup all your files and perform the repair steps under expert technical guidance. To uninstall Sage 50:
- Press Windows+R keys to open a Run window.
- Type ‘regedit’ and click OK.
- Now, in the registry editor, browse to the appropriate registry key for Windows and Sage 50.
- For 32-bit version of Windows, browse to:
- For 64-bit version of Windows, browse to:
- Next, locate the appropriate registry key for the Sage 50 version installed and delete it.
- Browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer.
- Right click on the Installer and select Find.
- Now type Sage 50 in the search box.
- Click Find Next to locate and remove the appropriate registry key.
- Verify that you can successfully uninstalled Sage 50.
#2: Uninstall Sage 50 using Safe Mode
You can also uninstall Sage 50 Accounting software by switching to Safe mode. In Safe Mode, Windows UAC is not enabled and you will not have any restrictions. For this,
- Open the Registry Editor and go to
- Create a subkey called MSIServer.
- Set its default value to Service.
This will set Windows Installer in Safe Mode and you will be able to successfully uninstall Sage 50 from your computer.
#3: Remove the System DNS and User DNS, ODBC data sources
- Press Windows key + R to open a Run window
- Type ODBCAD32 and press Enter.
- Remove all the entries for Sage Line 50 within the User DSN and System DSN tabs.
- Confirm if Sage 50 Accounting software has been removed successfully.
#4: Remove your Sage 50 Accounting software using Windows
- Press Windows key + R
- Type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Click on Programs and Features and find and right-click on the version of Sage Accounts you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall to remove the program.
- Check if the issue has been resolved completely.
- If the issue is still persists, uninstall all versions of Sage Accounts by once again going to Programs and Features and following the steps mentioned above.
- Once Sage Accounts has been removed, you can either delete or rename the accounts program directory.
- For 32 bit operating system – C:\Program Files\Sage\Accounts
- For 64 bit operating system – C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\Accounts
Following these steps should help fix the error message. But, if the problem still persists, don’t hesitate to call Sage Tech Support Phone Number at 1888-489-0694.Our expert technicians are available 24X7, 365 days a year and can help you fix the issue in no time.