How to Fix Runtime Error “R6034” when installing Sage 50 Accounts
This error falls under the aegis of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error. The C library is loaded incorrectly inside the application. This means that there can be a fault with either the Sage 50 installation files or with the Microsoft Visual C++ . The C runtime library has been loaded without a manifest due to which the installation files are not supported by the library and you get this message of error.
Loading the C library without a manifest is considered incorrect and will always give you a runtime error. Loading DLL file by using a manifest is the industry norm. Whenever you build your application with a good computer like microsoft visual studio, the compiler will automatically into your application. If the manifest has not been added then you need to do that yourself while rebuilding the application.
Fortunately, Sage 50 error is mainly due to corrupt file or wrong file name of the file that contains the manifest. The Error is displayed as follows:-
'Runtime Error! Program: C:\Windows\syswow64\MsiExec.exe R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.’
How to Resolve Runtime Error “R6034”
To resolve this error, follow the steps given below:-
- Goto the directories mentioned below:-
- C:\Windows\System64 (if you are running a 64 bit system )
- C:\Windows\System32( If you are running a 32 bit system)
- Now add ‘old’ to the file names of the following files by renaming them through right click option:-
- Now you can install sage and rename the files that you changes name for in step 2.
There are times when this error code is not displayed for the runtime error. This issue is also easy to resolve.
Follow the steps given below:-
- Goto ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\SageSBD\ SBDDesktop.exe’
- Rename the SBDDesktop.exe to SBDDesktop.exe.manifest.
- Now download the SBDDesktop installer Utility from Updates.
- Install the SBDDesktop.
If all the above endeavour comes to no avail then you must reinstall your Microsoft Visual C++ library from Microsoft’s website. Remember to uninstall the library before reinstalling it. There might be something wrong with your system which can be fixed with a system repair or restore. After, fixing the error you can easily install and run Sage 50 Accounts. More Info Call Sage Technical Support Phone Number at 1 888 489 0694