How to change a workstation into a standalone temporarily after a server failure
- Close all instances of the software running.
- On the workstation you wish to make the temporary host, create a new local data path.
- Do one of the following:
- If you have made Sage 50 backups from the server, follow the instructions listed in the Related Resources article to restore the Sage 50 backup
- If you have Windows file backups, copy and paste the individual company files into the new data path
- Open Sage 50.
- Click on Open an Existing Company.
- Click on Browse.
- You should now be able to open your companies.
You will only be adding to, but never overriding the files in the new data path. It is also recommended that you only perform this step on one workstation. If the other workstations needs to access the data also, please consult an IT person on how to share data and remap on the other workstations.
If the server will be replaced,
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Support Phone Number