How do I set up Online Backup?
Note: Sage 50—U.S. Edition Online Backup must be installed on the host machine that contains your Sage 50 accounting data. Sage 50 online backup does not install on any version of Windows Server or Windows 8. It is also recommended that you disable the User Account Control (UAC) prior to installing Online Backup.
Section I: Free Accounts (100mb)
Note: If not using a free account, see Section II
- Select File, then Online Backup/Restore
- Enter in your Email and desired Password
- Select Download program
- Select the Schedule tab
- Choose the day and time you want the backup to take place
- Select the Backup Settings tab
- Add the company or companies to be backed up
- Select OK
Section II: Manual Setup
- If Connected Backup/PC Agent has not been installed download and install the client
Note: If the program has already been installed, skip to Step 4
- Select Reinstall Agent
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation; then open Connected Backup/PC Agent
- Select Backup Set
- In the Folders section, browse to and check the directory of each company you wish to back up
Note: To find the company directory location, open the company in Sage 50, and then select Maintain, Company Information
- Click Back Up Now
- Once the initial back up has completed, select Tools, then Back Up Schedule
- Set the schedule as desired, then select OK
- Close Connected Backup/PC Agent
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Tech Support Number