How do I download product updates and burn it to a disc?
Note: After the product update has been downloaded to the local computer, you can save or burn this file to a disc then take it to your accounting machine where Sage 50 is installed and run the update.
For Windows Vista/7/8 users:
- Insert a blank, writable disc into your recordable drive.
- In the pop-up Autoplay screen, choose Burn files to disc
- Type a name for Disc title, click Show formatting options.
- There are two options to burn a disc:
- Live File System (Windows Vista) / Like a USB flash drive (Windows 7/8)
- Mastered (Windows Vista) / With a CD/DVD player (Windows 7/8)
Note: If you choose the option to burn a disc using the Live File System/Like a USB flash drive format, it will take several minutes to format your disc and an empty disc folder opens after the formatting is complete.
- Open the folder that you have payroll update file saved. >Note: The .exe file should have a name like SA_20XXXPUP1.exe. For example, SA_201XXXCPUP1.exe is the Canadian Product Update for Sage 50 Accounting 20XX Release X.
- Drag the .exe file into the empty disc folder, the file will be copied automatically to the disc.
- Close the disc folder after copying the file.
- If you choose the option to burn a disc using Mastered /Write a CD/DVD player format, Select Next to get an empty disc folder open.
- Open the folder that you have payroll update file saved, drag the file into the empty disc folder.
- Select Burn to disc and then follow the steps in the wizard.
Note: When the disc burning is complete, the disc burner tray will open and you can remove the disc.
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Technical Support Number