How do I create a new Payroll Deduction?
To create a new deduction, it is a 3 step process:
Step I: Create New Deduction
- Select Setup, Settings, Payroll, then Deductions.
- Rename the next available deduction to the one you want to create.Note: Renaming will be impossible if all the deductions were all already renamed to nothing. So, if the entire list is void of information, select Setup, Settings, Payroll, Names, then Income & Deductions and give a deduction a name.
- You may change the type of the deduction as appropriate in the Deduct By column (Amount or Percentage of Gross).
- You may choose to apply this deduction either before or after the taxes are applied. If you want this deduction to be taken off on your Gross, you must leave the columns unchecked. If you want this deduction to be taken off your Net, you must check the columns apply.
Step II: Linking the new deduction
- Select Setup, Settings, Payroll, then Linked AccountsNote: If you are already in that section just click on linked accounts on the right hand side.
- Select the Payroll Deductions tab and you will see the new deduction in the column below.
- You will need to link it to either a payables or expense account.
Note: Each deduction must be linked to a different account.
Step III: Adding the New Deduction to the Employee Record
- Open up the employee record.
- Select the Deductions Tab
- Put a checkmark in the Use column beside the New Deduction and the suitable rate for the Deduction.
- Select Save and Close
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Tech Support Phone Number