How do I create a new inventory item?
- Click Maintain, select Inventory Items.
- Enter a unique ID in the Item ID box.
- Enter a Description for the item.
- Select an Item Class.
- Enter a Price Level if desired, select the Cost Method, and select the correct GL Accounts.
- Note: The only fields that cannot be changed once the item is saved are your Cost Method, and Item Class.
- Enter a Description for Sales, as well as a Description for Purchases. On this screen you can also enter information such as UPC / SKU, Part Number, Item Type, Location, Stocking U/M, Weight, Minimum Stock, Reorder Quantity, as well as Preferred Vendor ID and Buyer ID.
- Click Save.
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Support Phone Number