How can I change my company’s posting method?
- Click on Maintain, Company Information
- In the Maintain Company Information window, click on the arrow next to Posting Method:
- In the Posting Method window select the posting method you would like to use
- Real-Time Posting: Transactions are posted to the journals and the general ledger when Save button is selected after they are entered. Most companies use this method
- Batch Posting: Transactions are saved by the program and posted in a group when Save button is selected after they are entered. When you use batch posting, you can print registers and check the batch of transactions before posting them to the journals
- SmartPosting (Quantum Only): Transactions are saved by the program and then automatically posted by the SmartPosting service. The service regularly cycles through the database looking for transactions to post. You do not have to actively post the transactions since the service does it for you. This method is recommended for better performance when working with high-user volume activity.
- Click OK in the Posting Method window
- Click OK in the Maintain Company Information window
Note: This changes the posting method for the current company only. If you have multiple companies you will need to change the posting method in each one.
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Support Number