How Account did not close properly. ?
Section I: No Changes have been made yet
- Create the new account / account type. Follow Article ID 11876 “How To create general ledger (GL) accounts” in Related Resources.
- Create a journal entry to move the balance from the other account. Follow Article ID 10631 “How do I create a general journal entry?” in Related Resources.
- Mark the original account as inactive. Follow Article ID 31639 “How do I make an account inactive?” in Related Resources.
- Follow Article ID 10249 “How do I run the Chart of Accounts Journal Synchronization test?” in Related Resources.
- Verify that the account(s) closed properly.
Section III: Looking at a Custom Report/Form
1. Look at the retained earnings in the General Ledger Trial Balance.
Resolution for Issue ‘Account did not close properly.’ available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage or Intuit.
Account did not close properly.: this issue or error code is a known issue related to Sage accounting products. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to export Sage 50 to Quickbooks.
See also: export Sage 50 Quantum to Sage 50 Pro/Premium or migrate Sage. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by Sage Technical Support Phone Number at 1 888 489 0694 or by using other Sage Support options.