Exporting and importing vendor data using CSV format using Microsoft Excel
There are three main steps in the process of transferring your vendors list to a new Sage 50-Canadian Edition file:
Step I: Exporting the Vendors List to a CSV file:
- From the main menu of Sage 50 Accounting: click on Reports, Lists, Vendors.
- The Vendor List Options box will come on.
- Press Select All
- Click OK
- It will then generate the Vendor List Report.
- Go to the File menu on the report,
- Click Export
- The Export Selection box will pop up.
- Make sure you save it in the C: drive and the Save as type box should be Comma Separated (*.CSV).
- Click on Save.
Step II: Modifying the CSV file (with Microsoft Excel):
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- Select File, then Open
- Select the C: drive to select the CSV file that was exported from the old Sage 50 Accounting file
- The first line of the CSV file has to contain a Version Number, Country Code, and the word ‘Vendors’:
- Simply Accounting version 2005 Version Number = 12001
- Simply Accounting version 2006 Version Number = 13001
- Simply Accounting version 2007 Version Number = 14001
- Simply Accounting version 2008 Version Number = 15001
- Simply Accounting version 2009 Version Number = 16001
- Simply Accounting version 2010 Version Number = 17001
- Simply Accounting version 2011 Version Number = 18001
- Simply Accounting version 2012 Version Number = 19001
- Sage 50 version 2013 Version Number = 20101
- Sage 50 version 2014 Version Number = 21001
- Sage 50 version 2015 Version Number = 22001
- Sage 50 Accounting version 2016 Version Number = 23001
- Country Code based on the status of your version of Sage 50 data file:
- Canada Country Code = 1
- USA Country Code = 2
- French Country Code = 3
- Australia Country Code = 5
- International Country Code = 7
- For each vendor you should have:
- the vendor’s name in column A,
- the contact name in column B,
- the street address in column C,
- a second street address in column D,
- the city in column E,
- the province in column F,
- the country in column G,
- the zip code in column H,
- the phone number in column I,
- a second phone number in column J,
- the fax number in column K,
- the e-mail address in column L, and
- the web site address in column M
- In Sage 50 Accounting, click the File menu.
- Click on Import/Export.
- Click on Import Records.
- The Import Records Wizard appears.
- Select Sage 50 import format.
- Click Next.
- Click Back Up to create a backup for the company before importing.
- After the backup is successful, click Next.
- Click on the Browse button besides the Vendors box.
- Select the CSV file that you want to import into Sage 50 Accounting.
- Click on Next.
- Sage 50 Accounting will show a log of all the vendors that were added, and the reason why some vendors were not added (if there were any).
- Click on Finish.
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Technical Support Phone Number