Exporting and importing inventory and services data using CSV format
There are three main steps in the process of transferring your inventory and services list to a new Sage 50 file:
- Export the inventory record to a CSV file. The file cannot be in a .xls or .xlsx format
- Modify the CSV file.
- Import the CSV file into the new Sage 50 file.
Exporting the Inventory & Services to a CSV file:
- Select File, then Import/Export, Export Records.
- The Export Records Wizard will come on.
- Select Export records to a Sage 50 import file format, then select Next .
- Select Inventory & Services, choose a File name and a location that you would like to store your exported file and click on Next .
- Select the items you would like to export, then select Next .
- Select OK to close out of the Export Records Summary.
- Open Microsoft Excel
- Select File, then Open.
- Browse to the location of your exported file and choose to Open it.
- Ensure to change the file type to All Files since the exported file is a .TXT file.
- Make sure to choose Delimited when prompted and click on Next .
- For the Delimiters choose only Comma and click on Next and then Finish.
Modifying the CSV file (with Microsoft Excel):
Note: The first line of the CSV file has to contain a Version Number, Country Code, and the word ‘Inventory’.
- Simply Accounting version 2005 Version Number = 12001
- Simply Accounting version 2006 Version Number = 13001
- Simply Accounting version 2007 Version Number = 14001
- Simply Accounting version 2008 Version Number = 15001
- Simply Accounting version 2009 Version Number = 16001
- Simply Accounting version 2010 Version Number = 17001
- Simply Accounting version 2011 Version Number = 18001
- Simply Accounting version 2012 Version Number = 19001
- Sage 50 Accounting version 2013 Version Number = 20101
- Sage 50 Accounting version 2014 Version Number = 21001
- Sage 50 Accounting version 2015 Version Number = 22101
- Sage 50 Accounting version 2016 Version Number = 23001
- Sage 50 Accounting version 2017.0 Version Number = 24001
- 2017.1 = 24101
- 2017.2 = 24201
- Sage 50 Accounting version 2018.0 Version Number = 25001
- Country Code based on the status of your version of Sage 50 data file:
- Canada Country Code = 1
- USA Country Code = 2
- French Country Code = 3
- Australia Country Code = 5
- International Country Code = 7
- For each inventory or service item you should have:
- the item ID in column A,
- the item name in column B,
- the word ‘Inventory’ or ‘Service’ in column C,
- the unit in column D,
- the regular selling price in column E,
- the preferred selling price in column F,
- the linked asset account in column G,
- the linked revenue account in column H, and
- the linked expense account in column I
- the linked variance account in column J
- the item name (French) in column K
- the unit (French) in column L
- Please follow the sample format below.
Importing the CSV file into the new Sage 50 file:
- Select File.
- Select Import/Export.
- Select Import Records.
- The Import Records Wizard appears.
- Select Sage 50 import format.
- Select Next.
- Select Back Up to create a backup for the company before importing.
- After the backup is successful, click Next.
- Select the Browse button besides the Inventory box.
- Select the CSV file that you want to import into Sage 50 Accounting.
- Select Next.
- Sage 50 Accounting will show a log of all the inventory & services that were added, and the reason why some were not added (if there were any).
- Select Finish.
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Support Number