Error: “To install the software you must have administrator rights. Log in as administrator and start again.”
Note: This will not work through a remote desktop session. Remote desktop sessions do not transfer console rights of the computer to the session.
- Browse to your data path.
- Double-click the Updates folder
- Right-click the latest update and select Run as administrator
- Follow the prompts to install the update
- After it finishes installing, open the program
- Click Services and then Check for Updates
- Click Check Now to verify there are no more updates to install.
- Right click on the Sage icon on the desktop
- Click Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Place a checkmark in the box next to Run as administrator
- Click Apply, then OK.
- Launch the program, then close the program.
- Wait for prompt to install update, then click Yes.
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Support Number