Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…”
The error message can occur for a number of reasons. To find the solution that best fits, please answer the following questions. If the answer is no, go to the next question. If you answer yes, follow the article suggested. If the article does not resolve the issue, return to this article and pick up at the next question.
Solution I: Most common fix
- Restart pervasive on the computer that hosts the data. Follow Article ID 29802: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started.” when Pervasive is not running”
Note: If you do not find the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine in Services, follow Article ID 29921: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” and Pervasive is not installed or the service is missing”
- Verify the error is resolved on that computer
- If you are running Sage 50—U.S. Edition on a network and the workstation is still getting the error but the server is not, restart pervasive on the workstation.
Solution II: Recent install
If you recently installed the program, did the install get stuck on step 3 of 3? If yes, follow Article ID 29749: Error: Sage 50 cannot be started… and my Sage 50 icon is damaged.
Solution III: Check computer
- Firewall: Follow Article ID 29730: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” with security software installed or the Windows firewall turned on”. Note: If you are not sure if you have an active firewall, refer to Article ID 10089: “How do I modify my firewall or Internet Security?”
- Is the computer name 13 characters or more? If yes, follow Article ID 29923: Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” and my computer name is more than 13 or more characters”.
Note: To check the name of the computer, see Article ID 47485: “How can I find the name of my computer?”
- IPV6 is active: Follow Article ID 10833: “How to disable IPv6”
- Compatibility Mode:
- Operating system is Microsoft Windows 8.1? If yes, follow Article ID 36377:Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” after upgrading my computer to Windows 8.1
- Operating system is not Windows 8.1. Follow Article ID 12388: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” when using compatibility mode”
Note: To find the version Windows installed, follow Article ID 47480:“How can I check the version of Microsoft Windows on my computer?”
- Low hard drive space: See Article ID 42587: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…”when there is not enough space free on the C: drive.”
- Windows Event Viewer referencing .NET Framework errors. Follow Article ID 29739: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started..” and I have Microsoft .Net Framework errors in my Event Viewer”
Note: If you are not sure how to check the Windows Event Viewer, see Article 16586: “How do I access the Windows Error Log?”
- Unable to get hostname of computer. Follow Article ID 41269: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” and I cannot get a hostname”
Solution IV: Sage 50 installed on a network
- Are you accessing Sage 50 through a Virtual Private Network (VPN)? If yes, are you using the VPN to access the server (the computer that holds the data)? If no, use the VPN to access the server. If you are accessing the sever through the VPN, follow article ID 29729: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” when accessing through Virtual Private Network (VPN)”. If the error continues to occur, contact your VPN provider or a computer technician.
- Mapped drive is not accessible. Follow Article ID 29732: Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” and my mapped drive has a red x or is missing”.
- Permissions are not set correctly. At the server follow Article ID 29820: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” and my permissions are not correct.”
- Verify the workstation can ping the server and the server can ping the workstation by computer names. See Article ID 47513: “How can I verify the workstation can ping the server or vice versa?”
- If one of the computers cannot successfully ping the other, follow Article ID 29735: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” and I am unable to ping my server by name”
- Repeat the ping test. If still unsuccessful, contact your network administrator
- The program needs to be activated on the server. At the server follow Article ID 37114: “How to activate Sage 50 Accounting US Edition”
- The data path on the local workstation may not match the server data path. Refer to Article ID 29804: Error: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” but the program is looking for the data in the wrong place.”
Solution V: Error occurs on one computer only
Follow Article ID 39611: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” and my Windows Profile is damaged”.
Solution VI: Error occurs in one company only
Follow Article ID 29807: “Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…” and there outdated or damaged files in the company folder”
Solution VII: Reinstall program
If none of the articles listed above have resolved the issue, follow Article ID 10169: “How to manually remove the program”. After following the article, reinstall Sage 50. See Article ID 10262: “Installation instructions”
Note: If the above articles do not resolve your error, please contact Sage Technical Support Phone Number at 1 888 489 0694
Resolution for Issue ‘Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…”’ available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started…”: this issue or error code is a known issue related to Sage accounting products. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to import Sage 50 to Quickbooks. More info Call Sage Technical Support Number at 1 888 489 0694.