Error: “Sage 50 Accounting has encountered a problem and needs to close”, but is still operational
- Go to the location where the ini file is:
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Simply Accounting\
- Vista/7: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Simply Accounting\
- simply180.ini is for version Simply Accounting 2011 by Sage
- simply190.ini is for version Simply Accounting 2012 by Sage
- simply200.ini is for version Sage 50 Accounting 2013
- simply210.ini is for version Sage 50 Accounting 2014
- simply220.ini is for version Sage 50 Accounting 2015
- Open the ini file for your version.
- Remove the existing location path after “Data file =”, save and close the file.
- If the error still comes up, rename the folder Simply Accounting to “Simply Accounting Old” and run repair.
Note: As an alternative to running repair, the folder can be replaced with the Simply Accounting folder from another computer.
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\My Documents\Simply Accounting
- Vista/7: C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Simply Accounting
Note: To modify the simplyXXX.ini file can also fix the issue with opening simply file, the file name format comes up with *.asc, *.sdb, etc in the “File name” field.
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Support Phone Number