EI or QPIP Insurable Earnings and/or CPP pensionable earnings are not equal to Gross Earnings
This can occur for several reasons (including but not limited to the following):
- The employee has reached the maximum earnings for the category. The category will show the earnings required to reach the maximum and stop there, while the Gross Earnings will continue to accumulate.
- Manual adjustments to the amounts and Gross Earnings can cause mild fluctuations, particularly if the value was already maxed out.
- Minor rounding errors can occur when you enter a value manually.
All of the above earnings values can be corrected to the proper values on the T4 and RL-1 Reporting tab of the employee record:
- In the Home window, click Employees & Payroll on the navigation pane.
- In the Tasks pane, right-click the Employees icon and select Modify Employee from the menu.
- Select an employee from the list and click OK.
- Click the T4 and RL-1 Reporting tab
- Modify the values in the current year to the correct values
- Click Save and Close
Typically, these problems can be avoided if the Calculate Taxes Automatically button is used at all times. A subscription to Sage Business Care Payroll Plan will substantially reduce the likelihood of this problem occurring.
Source: Sage Community forums.
Disclaimer: Sage Accounting Solution is an independent provider of Sage Related services and is not affiliated with Sage.
See More: Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Sage issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If you are experiencing too many issues, you may want to more info Call Sage Support Number